Why, hello there! I’m Anjali (Uhn-juh-lee). I am a science teacher and curriculum developer by day and children’s book author by night. At dawn and dusk, I spend my time fighting monsters, training Pokémon, and playing dress-up with my two amazing kids. I have 13 years of experience in the field of K-12 science education. I recently completed a Master of Science at the University of Oxford where I had the opportunity to research educational technology and the effective implementation of K-8 STEM curriculum.
A decade ago, I stumbled into the world of writing after a cross-continent move from Toronto to San Francisco with a 4 month-old in tow. Writing was my way of keeping in touch with the world of education, connecting with others, and weaving together my love of science and storytelling. I write about current issues in education, STEM, diversity in children’s literature, and parenting.
- GANESH AND THE LITTLE MOUSE (Mango and Marigold Press, 2015)
- LET’S CELEBRATE DIWALI (Mango and Marigold Press, 2015)
- SARLA IN THE SKY (Mango and Marigold Press, 2016)
- ABC SCIENCE BOOK (Rockridge Press, 2020)
- LITTLE JAGADISH AND THE GREAT EXPERIMENT (Mango and Marigold Press, 2022)
- SARASWATI AND THE STOLEN SOMRAS (Modi Toys, 2022)
- “Are You Going to Give Him a White Name?” in The New York Times
- Engineering Can Teach Young Kids That Failing Is Part Of Learning in Huffington Post
- The 5 Rs of Boosting Your Toddler’s Vocabulary in Huffington Post
- Kids Who Code: Why It Leaves an Educational Impact in Masalamommas
One thought on “About Me”
You are so awesome!